view larger image
ASC16 - Advanced Servo Controller
Simultaneously control position, speed, and acceleration of up to 16 standard
R/C servos. Plus 8 high current sinking outputs (up to 250 ma each), and
8 inputs (read as digital or individual 0-5 Volt analog values with 8
bit resolution.) Includes on board power conditioner operates with input
voltage down to 2 volts! Board measures 7 x 8 cm (2.7 x 3.2 inches).
Control via RS-232 serial. Documentation on CD includes instructions
for level converter cable, or buy the ready-made cable.
Download complete manual: . ASC16.PDF
SCEdit - Software for the ASC16
Included software controls all aspects of servo and output actions, plus
interrupts, event triggering from inputs, reporting back to the controlling
host, and much more. Easily program and operate complex automated systems,
robots and more!
Download it for FREE, it is about 1.5 MB. scedit.zip
The SCEDIT program was compiled for 32 bit Windows using
Visual BASIC 6.0. Works with Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP.
If you want to see how it works, download the source code
here scedit_src.zip (about 35
Click screenshot image to the left for a closer view.
- Simultaneously controls the Position, Speed, and Acceleration of 16 RC type
- 8 high current sinking output drivers deliver 250 ma per channel, or use them
for TTL interfacing.
- 8 inputs can be read as either a 8-bit digital value or individual 0-5 Volt
analog values with 8 bit resolution.
- The 8th analog input is wired to read the battery voltage. (Can be removed)
- An onboard switching power conditioner converts 3 or 4 cells (alkaline or
NiCad) to clean 5 Volts. Operates with input voltage down to 2 volts, which
makes it highly immune to voltage sags caused by high servo motor inrush currents.
- Reserve current from the 5V power conditioner (about 150 ma) to power host
controller or local I/O.
- Above feature enables the use of only 1 Battery pack to power entire system.
- Interrupt input freezes all motion. Can be used with external bumper or interlock
- ASC16 has TTL serial port. Needs RS232 Converter (sold separately) to convert
TTL to RS232 voltage for PC connection.
- Compact. The ASC16 board measures 2.7 x 3.2 inches.
SERVO MOTION PARAMETERS
- 4000 count position resolution yields .045 degree resolution.
- 256 count speed resolution with 128 being the top speed of common servos (at
4.8 Volts) and 255 the top speed of the high speed models. High speed servos
can in this way be tamed. Each unit of speed is equivalent to 50 counts/Second
or 1 count/20mS.
- 256 count Acceleration resolution. Units are .25 count/ 20mS ^ 2. Common servos
top out at about 100
COMMAND SET OVERVIEW
- 34 versatile commands
- Input command cache holds up to 128 bytes of commands and data
- Absolute or relative position moves with built-in speed and acceleration controls
- Coordinate polarity can be inverted to reverse servo count direction
- Event Trigger commands which suspend the processing
- Event Trigger level (reporting, and suspension level) is programmable
- Event can be a servo position flyby, servo motion completion, or time delay
- Board addressing 0-255, for a shared serial communication network
- Motion freezing and aborting, Servo on/off, and Read/Write I/O ports
- Save, reload positions, speeds, and acceleration defaults to EEPROM memory
- Markers can be placed in command stream to report progress
Questions? Comments? Let's hear from you!
©2008 Medonis Engineering All rights reserved.